Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This workshop is designed specifically to give Tax Accountants and Accounting & Finance Personnel an overview of the Singapore Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) system and a practical understanding of the fundamentals and important concepts of GST.
You will understand how the GST rules and regulations apply to business transactions and avoid costly GST errors. As GST is a transaction-based tax, GST errors (if any) are generally recurring if the business transactions remain largely the same. With the knowledge, it further mitigates the GST risk with early detection of errors for timely rectification.
Overview of Singapore GST regime
- Scope of GST
- Mechanism of GST
Place, time and value of supply
Types of supplies
- Export of goods
- International services
Conditions governing input tax claim and disallowed expenses
- Definition of input tax claims
- Supporting documents required
- Timing of claiming
- Bad debts relief
- Specific disallowed expenses
- Partial exemption
Common GST issues
- Fringe benefits / family benefits
- Recovery of expenses - disbursements Vs reimbursement
What you will learn
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have a good understanding of the practical issues arising from the current GST regime
- Have a good grasp of basic GST concepts in compliance with the Goods and Services Tax Act
- Have a practical understanding on how a GST returns is prepared
Accountants and Tax Professionals
Catherine is a Senior GST Consultant. She had spent 6 years in the IRAS, and almost 10 years with two of the Big Four international accounting firms. She has extensive experience in performing GST prudential reviews, GST consultancy, GST compliance, GST audits and GST training for clients.
Catherine has a Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) degree from the National University of Singapore. She is an Accredited Tax Advisor (GST) registered with the Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals and a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants. She is also an ACTA certified Trainer.