Learn the specific practices, skills and know-how to effectively recruit high performers!
Whilst there are lots of written references and webinars available on recruiting, it remains one of the most difficult and disliked leadership tasks. That’s because the investment in time, energy and cost is huge and the risks of recruiting the wrong person are high.
In this webinar you will learn proven, simple techniques you can apply to both increase effectiveness and reduce risk through every step of the recruitment process.
In this webinar Deb will bring together 25 years of recruitment leadership practice with the latest research, thinking and best-practice in this field including how to recruit virtually.
This workshop will help leaders and managers build practical skills to find, select and onboard talented, motivated and engaged people into your team.
The content explores best-practice, proven and practical techniques for:
- Re-thinking job roles and job requirements so you can reach more of the best talent in the market.
- Understanding how and where to pitch job roles in ways that engage your target audience and expand your talent pool.
- Clear, simple and effective ways to select and screen candidates so you have a very strong short-list.
- Best-practice interview approaches and techniques so that you put your applicants at ease and see what they have to offer you.
- Guidelines for how to position what you have to offer and what you don’t, so everyone is clear.
- Simple Do’s and Don’ts guidelines that keep the interview process professional, equitable and effective.
- Ways to prioritize your talent pool so you understand what value can be added to your team by each individual you are considering.
- How to communicate with candidates through the interview process including Yes and No applicant appointment discussions.
- Ways to consider on-boarding and induction that set you, your new employee and your team up for success.
What you will learn
- Increase your leadership capacity in this fundamental skill-set of recruitment
- Learn how to source and select new team members with greater levels of success and reap the performance, engagement and retention benefits.
- Create better experiences for applicants when they deal with your company. Successful or not, they become mouthpieces for what it was like to deal with you and your organisation.
This is a practical webinar suited to financial and legal professionals who now need to recruit team members either face to face or remotely. For experienced professionals it will update existing skills sets with the latest thinking and research, and it provides an excellent introduction for those who are looking to understand more about recruiting for the first time
Deb Assheton - Owner of The Amplify Group
The Amplify Group is a business that uses best-practice frameworks to deliver practical, high-impact leadership, change and interpersonal-skill-building workshops. Deb’s passion is to help professionals deepen their self-awareness and embed behaviour that creates new levels of performance, engagement and results for them. Deb has over twenty years’ experience in Executive Leadership positions where she has managed very large teams of more 3,000 people for some of Australia’s best known companies including Vodafone, BUPA and OPSM. Deb holds a BA (Psychology) and a Masters of Organisational Coaching (Sydney University). Deb’s clients span the retail and wholesale property management, banking, legal, technology, transport and motoring, and telecommunications industries.
The webinar was recorded on 20 October 2020.
- $86.40 incl. GST
Complete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- PD hours: 1
- $86.40 incl. GST