Master the art of agreeing explicit, effective and consistent workplace expectations with those you collaborate with including your team, peers and key stakeholders.
This webinar will equip you with simple ways to define, discuss and agree the key expectations you have of others across any and all areas of the work that you do.
The session will explore proven techniques to help you:
- define workplace expectations in areas such as performance, communication, technical skill, change, career and personal expectations
- understand the process for discussing these expectations with others including how to structure the conversation and be inclusive of their expectations
- form shared agreements that become the foundation for working at a high-performance level with your team, peers, stakeholders or direct manager.
We will go beyond the basics and consider how to create emotional safety, facilitate inclusion and set standards that are highly constructive and can evolve as needed.
What you will learn
- simple, practical tools to establish common ground with others on the key standards across important matters like communication, honesty, technical expertise and performance standards.
- how to manage and respond to others who have different workplace standards than you do, including bridging inter-generational differences.
- how to build and manage the emotional safety in your relationships with others from the outset, including creating a standard of safety that fuels performance.
- how to manage conflict constructively and hold your ground on standards that are important to you.
- This interactive session will also cover conversations about workplace flexibility and how to navigate this effectively as well as case studies and further reading references.
You will receive a copy of the slides which include ‘how-to’ guides for establishing clear and effective expectations.
Deb Assheton - Owner of The Amplify Group
The Amplify Group is a business that uses best-practice frameworks to deliver practical, high-impact leadership, change and interpersonal-skill-building workshops.
Deb Assheton's passion is to help professionals deepen their self-awareness and embed behaviour that creates new levels of performance, engagement and results for them. Her clients span the retail and wholesale property management, banking, legal, technology, transport and motoring, and telecommunications industries. Deb holds a BA (Psychology) and a Masters of Organisational Coaching (Sydney University) and has over 20 years’ experience in Executive Leadership positions where she has managed teams of more 3,000 people for some of Australia’s best known companies including Vodafone, BUPA and OPSM.
The webinar was recorded on 11 February 2020.
- $86.40 incl. GST
Complete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- PD hours: 1
- $86.40 incl. GST