Exploring personal barriers to performance including perfectionism, workaholism and the need for control and approval.
The effectiveness of our work and the quality of our relationships can be impaired by our own self-imposed limitations.
This session looks at the research which explains how we get in our own way!
Whilst it’s true that tendencies towards perfectionism, the need to be in control and seeking approval have certain benefits, they are very much a double-edged sword
They can become sources of friction, burnout and stress for ourselves and others around us. They can limit our effectiveness, both as leaders and in our general work
This session will:
- identify the cycles that hold these tendencies in place and how they limit performance.
- offer proven techniques for operating more effectively and easing the grip that these approaches can have on us.
- help those who feel the need for control or approval, or who are perfectionistic to find better ways to approach their work and workplace relationships.
We will discuss practical strategies for change that you can adopt immediately for real-world impact.
What you will learn
Participants will learn:
- the symptoms of perfectionistic, approval-oriented and controlling behaviour and some of the causes;
- strategies to identify these behaviours in themselves and others;
- tips and tools for changing these behaviours in themselves and how to approach others about them.
This is a practical webinar suited to professionals who find themselves experiencing limiting behaviours, or have stakeholders or team members who display these behaviours. For experienced professionals it will update existing skills sets with some of the latest thinking and research, and it provides an excellent introduction for those who want to build their understanding of personally-limiting behaviours for the first time.
Deborah Assheton is the owner of The Amplify Group, a business that uses best-practice frameworks to deliver very practical, high-impact leadership, change and inter-personal skill building workshops. Deb’s passion is to help professionals deepen their self-awareness and embed behaviour that creates new levels of performance, engagement and results for them.
Deb has over twenty years’ experience in Executive Leadership positions where she has managed very large remote teams of more 3,000 people for some of Australia’s best known and highly regarded companies including Vodafone, BUPA and OPSM. Deb holds a BA (Psychology) and a Masters of Organisational Coaching (Sydney University). Deb’s clients span the retail and wholesale property management, banking, legal, technology, transport and motoring, and telecommunications industries.
The webinar was recorded on 13 October 2021.
- $86.40 incl. GST
Complete online at your own pace (Self-paced)
- PD hours: 1
- $86.40 incl. GST