Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This is a hybrid session. You have the option to attend this live in-person or online via zoom. Please select accordingly at registration.
The in-person session will be conducted at:
Sheraton Towers Singapore - Pearl Room (Level 2)
39 Scotts Road, Singapore 22823
This practical workshop will help Audit Professionals to develop a deeper understanding of an audit conducted in compliance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) through explanation and illustrative examples.
The workshop will cover the following phases of an engagement of financial statements audit:
- Preliminary activities – engagement acceptance and continuance
- Planning the audit – overall audit strategy, determining and using materiality, audit team discussions
- Performing risk assessment procedures
- Inherent risk identification and assessment, significant risk
- Understanding and evaluating internal controls
- Risk response
- Evaluating audit evidence
- Modifications to audit report
- Emphasis of matter and other matter paragraphs
Case Studies will be used to illustrate the practical applications of the relevant auditing standards in the various phases of an engagement of financial statements audit
This workshop qualifies for 7.0 CPE hours in Auditing Standards, Pronouncements and Methodology (Category 3).
What you will learn
- Have a practical appreciation of how auditing standards are applied in the various phases of an engagement of financial statements audit
- Learn how to avoid the common pitfalls when applying the standards in an audit
Audit Professionals in Public Accounting Firms
Chee Hay Kheong Daniel
Daniel holds an Honours degree in Accountancy from the National University of Singapore and is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He has more than 15 years of experience in the accounting profession, having worked for one of the Big 4 accounting firms both in Singapore and in the United Kingdom. He has also more than 5 years of senior management experience with MNCs, managing their operations in Singapore and Asia.
Daniel is a highly sought-after seminar trainer. He was an Adjunct Professor in the School of Business, Singapore University of Social Sciences and an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting of the NUS Business School. He served as a committee member of both the IT Committee and the Examination Committee of ISCA, and was a Committee member of the Disciplinary Sub-Committee of Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
This is a hybrid session. You have the option to attend this live in-person (at Sheraton Towers Singapore) or online via Zoom. Please select accordingly at registration.