Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This topical and practical workshop will provide a detailed understanding on the latest Corporate Governance (“CG”) frameworks in Singapore, with a focus on the Code of Corporate Governance and the SGX Listing Rules.
Specific CG developments and trends will be covered in detail, including Independent Director tenure limits, mandatory disclosures of remuneration details, updates to the Practice Guidance.
Sharing of CG insights from recent case studies on SGX Listed Issuers and large private enterprises; exploring the gaps in CG practices and discussing the appropriate responses to enhance governance processes in organizations.
- Singapore Corporate Governance Framework Overview
- Code of Corporate Governance
- SGX Listing Rules
- Latest Corporate Governance Developments and Trends
- Independent Director tenure limits
- Mandatory disclosures of remuneration details
- Updates to the Practice Guidance
- Plugging the Gaps in Corporate Governance Practices
- Recent case studies on SGX Listed Issuers and large private enterprises
- Exploring the gaps in CG practices
- Appropriate responses in plugging the gaps and enhancing the CG practices
What you will learn
- Be updated on the latest CG Frameworks in Singapore
- Learn the specific CG developments and trends
- Gain practical understanding of CG practices from recent case studies
- Find out the gaps in CG practices and how to plug them
- Corporate governance practitioners
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Risk Officers
- General Counsel
- Company Secretaries
Principal Consultant, CitadelCorp
Victor has over 20 years of professional and management experience with a focus on Corporate Advisory in the capital markets sector, advising Boards and management on strategy, corporate governance and business development. His significant board advisory engagements include litigation support and board administration for the purpose of resolving shareholder disputes of SGX-listed issuers and large private companies.
Victor also serves as a “buy-side” management consultant for M&A transactions, with a focus on commercial and regulatory due diligence, arising from his experience in the Corporate Advisory sector.
Victor is the former Regional Managing Director of a regional corporate advisory firm, serving as the Practice Leader of its Share Registry and Corporate Secretarial professional practices in both Singapore and Hong Kong. His direct client engagements included being the named Company Secretary for numerous SGX-listed issuers, advising on Corporate Governance, Corporate Actions, and compliance with SGX Listing Rules as well as relevant statutory frameworks.
Victor has extensive experience in working with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), having served as the Country & Sector Representative for global regulatory reviews by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing-of-Terrorism (AML/CFT). He is also a Public Accountant registered with ACRA and served on a working group with MAS and IRAS that established the tax transparency treatment for REIT ETFs in Singapore.
He is also a committee member at Institute of Chartered Accountants Singapore (ISCA).
Buffet Lunch will be provided to attendees after the workshop.